My Enlighten Illuminations workshops are over for this year
See you in 2024!
DURATION: 3.5HRS 7:30PM -11:00PM • LOCATION: CANBERRA, QUESTACON • MAX SIX PARTICIPANTS • $175 PER PERSON
Please note, the workshops are not part of the official Enlighten Festival program.
The long exposure Workshop during the Enlighten Festival was fantastic. I learned so much and I will definitely do another one.Ian P.
- Safe photography in the dark
- Shooting in full manual mode
- Choosing between a longer exposure or a higher ISO - when to do it
- Setting up your tripod for best results
- Metering for the brightest part of the scene
- How to capture movement
- Composition and creativity
- Star bursts
- Lots of discussion about technique, gear, and whatever takes your fancy
Did the night photography workshop with Glenn at the Enlighten festival. I’d previously completed his beginner workshop so this was the perfect extension to learning how to operate my DSLR and taking great photos. Glenn’s instructional technique is easy to follow and makes you comfortable with the equipment. Look forward to the Astrophotography workshop!
- DSLR, mirrorless or camera you have full manual control over
- Wide angle lenses preferred though you can use a short to moderate zoom if you like
- Tripod essential
- Extra battery
- Remote trigger optional but very handy
This is a wheelchair accessible workshop. During the course of the workshop you will travel approximately 3.5kms on generally flat even ground however there is the push up the hill to New Parliament House.
- Only in the event that it is raining or rain imminent within an hour of the workshop commencing will it be cancelled and all participants will be notified via SMS
- If the workshop is cancelled due to weather participants will have the choice to be first on the list for the next workshop or a full refund if no more Enlighten sessions are scheduled
- Participants may cancel one full week out from the workshop for a full refund
- If cancelling less than a week from the workshop unfortunately only a 50% refund will be offered
- Participants can transfer their place in the workshop to friends or family at no penalty
About Glenn Martin
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I could see an immediate improvement in my shots. Rod B. from Facebook 14/3/2022
Great night out lots of learnings explained in easy to understand term. Highly recommend.
Thanks so much Glenn for your patience and for imparting your knowledge on the night. It was a great night, and I got so much out of it, including some great photos. You've definitely inspired me to do more night photography.
Pace was great , was good consideration for different skill levels and depth of experience, I appreciated the extra advice on composition which I think has to be carefully delivered as it could be taken personally! Really enjoyed the course Glenn and got my enthusiasm back for photography
Thank you very much I was looking forward to this workshop for weeks, and it exceeded my expectations ! I was really happy that even with having some experience in photography, I learned a lot from the workshop !